Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cavs: Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a Classy Guy

A message from Z to you, LeBastards!



Dear Cleveland,
When I came to this country 14 years ago, I was a young man who barely spoke the language and had no idea what to expect of this great country.
As I look back on those early days, I realize how lucky I was to have grown up in a place like Cleveland.  All of you have taught me the importance of family and friends; of pulling together to get things done; of loving your country.
I’ve never felt as proud as when I’ve pulled on the wine and gold and stepped onto the court.
I’ve tried my best to return that support by playing as hard as I could each and every game.
The decision to play for Miami was not an easy one to make for either myself or my family.
But as I enter the last few years of my career, I felt I owed it to myself and my family to chase my dream of winning an NBA championship.
I hope you understand.
I also hope you realize that Cleveland will always be home to me.
With love and appreciation,
Zydrunas “Z” Ilgauskas

Wow.  Z took out a full page ad in the Plain Dealer today, looking like a classy guy while LeBron continues to look like a, well . . . bastard.  But in all seriousness, there's not much else that can be said that Z didn't already say.  I would like to point out that, on the whole, Cavs faithful have shown nothing but love and support to Zydrunas throughout his decision to take his talents to South Beach, while we have shown nothing but scorn for LeBron James throughout his.  Maybe it's not that they both left Cleveland, but the manner in which both did it.  To you, Z, we wish nothing but the best.

Love,

Your once and future home.


P.S.  LeBron should hire Z's management team.

No comments:

Post a Comment